Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Jury....

Is finally over... I was summoned for Jury Duty earlier this week, and I did actually get called and have to serve (for a civil case... which is actually a hidden blessing, as there was a criminal case that was also being called for that I could have ended up on)... it was actually a little funny... I was the first name called in the process, so I had the twisted "draft-related" thought ("With the Number 1 pick, the Civil Court selects...." - no, I'm not right :o) )

In other news, I've finished reading one book and already started on another. I want to finish the script before next week (and there is more of an incentive than before to finish... classes start back up today, with my first meeting is next Tuesday night)... since my class may need me to put effort on the class writing-projects more than the "other" writing-projects...

I've put together a spreadsheet for tracking my writing progress (I know, it might be a tad over the top, but it's another way I thought about approaching, trying to look at the process of writing as a numbers game, etc.); I've read of others doing this form of strategy, and I've thought about trying it for years. It may seen rather cold, but when the key (at the moment) is production and word count, it's something to try...

Withthat being said, back to work - playing catch-up on some of my side projects from the last couple of days (actually at work)...

No comments: