Friday, June 13, 2008

One More Time...

I will admit, I was nervous last night, as I was watching the Boston-L.A. game... At one point, I even just turned it off and really did something else (explanation: I had the game on, and was doing other "menial" things - folding laundry, emptying the dishwasher, etc with the game in the background...)... When I got frustrated watching the game, and at somepoint during halftime, I turned it off and went upstairs to work on some writing projects (didn't happen... but that's for another post).

Eventually I made my way back down, and turned the game back on near the end ofthe third quarter. What had started as a blowout (the Lakers had, at one point, a 24-point lead - hence the frustration), had turned into a real game. The Celtics had managed to get within striking distance...

And strike, they did, when they managedto take the lead (for the first time in the game) with four minutes left to play. The teams traded shots, with Boston making a shot, andthe Lakers answering, keeping things floating from a tie to a four-point Laker lead. Boston had cut the lead to one, and a missed Laker shot (rebounded by Boston), led to a 3-point basket that put Boston ahead by two points.

And the two points slowly grew, as they continued trading baskets (and bricks), with Boston eventually holding on to win by six. After four games, it is Boston leading, 3-1... One more game... one more, concerted effort, and there will be something else for Boston fans... One more championship...

No comments: