Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th... and no goalie masks (yet)...

Relatively quiet day today... only a few hiccups in the phone system, but easily managed... not like having to go onto our back-up systems like we had to do yesterday.

This evening is looking to be equally quiet (mostly)... I've begun trying to get back into MtG for a while now, having been out of the loop for about... geez, I just though about it... at least eight years. 8! EIGHT! I look back on it when I first was getting into the game (back in the days of Revised... just as I was graduating High School, one of my friends got me started, and I began my dosing of Magic: The Addiction... - I'm actually only in need of two cards to have a complete Revised set... and I actually HAVE those, but they ended up being from 4th Ed., so they are acting as proxies for now...) and remember the joy of getting packs (or boxes) and sorting cards and planning decks. Back then, I was a collecting nut... lots of cards, lots of hobbies...

But tonight is a new night. I'll be attempting to reimmerse myself in the game, with real players, as opposed to playing the online version... All in the spirit of resurrecting some of my past, and building it into part of my future... even if only for the occassional break, or the excuse for a "boys night out".

All this starts on a Friday the 13th... and my goalie skills are poor... and I have no machette... I hope some of my rusty old school Magic can still work...

No comments: